How to Build a Successful Blog Business
One of the best new resources for those wanting to make money from blogging is a new eBook (and available as a ‘real’ book is How to Build a Successful Blog Business by Collis Ta’eed. I had the opportunity to read this great new book last week and was really impressed by the mix of solid teaching, practical tips and fantastic case studies.
Collis Ta’eed is the creator of some highly successful blogging businesses – Envato, Tuts+, Freelance switch and AppStorm. He’s built something with his great team from scratch to be some of the most popular and profitable blogs going around. He’s someone that I respect so much that I’ve invited him to speak at the upcoming Melbourne bloggers day net week.
Topics in the book include a wide array of things including:
- an introduction to
- teaching on how to plan and research your new blog
- tips on creating a brand, naming your blog, choosing domains and design
- a variety of teaching on staffing your blog
- content – how to write it, editing content, headline tips, evergreen content etc
- generating traffic for your blog – how to do it!
- monetization – teaching on an array of methods of making money from blogs
- building a long term business – expanding to multiple blogs and adding businesses to your blog
There are also 3 great case studies on the blogs that Collis has set up – these case studies are highly valuable in and of themselves and my favorite part of the book.
I found this 327 page book to be a refreshing read and one that I think will help a lot of people. For me the highlight was to get an insight into how another bloggers has approached his business – I picked up a lot of great ideas and know that anyone starting out will gain even more insight.
We Also Recommend
MIGRATE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE